Junior School Teaching Assistant
Full time – Term time only
Start date: September 2020
We are looking for energetic and engaging teaching assistant to work on a 1:1 basis alongside a child.
What we can offer you:
- A forward thinking, independent school that values each individual child
- A school that values all areas of the curriculum equally and provides a wealth of sporting and musical opportunities for its children
- A hard working and dedicated team that works together and supports one another
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the 3-18 environment
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and believes in developing the true potential of all of our children
- Can nurture, inspire, challenge and motivate pupils
- Has a calm and positive disposition
- Has the ability to break down activities into small step teaching
- Can implement clear boundaries and routines
- Can provide modelling and scaffolding to support the child’s interactions and learning
- Can provide close home/school liaisons
- Is able to work with the class teacher on individually planned targets and provide ongoing feedback and support
A covering letter and application form should be sent the Headteacher Mrs E Billington no later than 12 midday on Friday 3 July 2020. Early applications are encouraged.
The Dixie Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and the appointment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure and other relevant employment checks.
We require candidates with a minimum of Level 2 Education and Childcare or Teaching Assistant qualification.